We welcome students from grade school through college, tutoring them one-on-one or in small groups. Our tutors strive to enhance each student’s natural curiosity, imagination, and independent thinking by putting the student at the center of his or her educational experience.
Each program is self-paced and takes into account the student’s learning style, aptitude, and potential. After an initial evaluation, the student contracts with his or her tutor to work together to achieve the student’s goals within an agreed-upon time frame. Sessions are normally scheduled in 6-week or 12-week renewable blocks during the academic year, or as intensive summer tutorials.
Our tutors cover all the major academic disciplines:
- English: reading comprehension, grammar, writing, and vocabulary
- Mathematics: basic arithmetic, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, calculus, and statistics
- Social studies and history
- Science: General science, biology, chemistry and physics
- Modern foreign languages: French, Spanish, Italian, German, Russian and Japanese
- Classical Languages: Latin and Greek
- Computer science and general computer literacy
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Other subjects by request
We also offer the following subjects as enrichment, in partnership with our associates:
- Creative Writing
- Nonfiction Writing
- Public Speaking
- Resume Writing
- Help with application letters and essays
– Greg C.
Regular School Subjects
A package of twelve 2-hour sessions
One hour to one and a half hour sessions from $50 to $85 per session, depending on the subject, the duration of the lesson, and the number of sessions for which a student enrolls.
One hour to two hour sessions: $50 per hour
English as a Second Language (ESL)
One hour sessions: $50 per hour